Bacon and Eggs Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Fried Rice
- Cuisine: Chinese, Asian fusion
- 2 cups cooked day old rice (equals to 1 cup uncooked rice)
- 2 eggs, beaten and scrambled
- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ground black pepper
- Loosen up day old rice with a spoon.
- In a nonstick pan, scramble the beaten eggs with a touch of olive oil over medium high heat. Set aside.
- Stir bacon in the same pan over high heat for 5-7 minutes until crispy and the color of the bacon turns into dark red. Set aside with the scrambled eggs. Make sure you leave the dripping in the pan.
- Add carrots and onions into the pan and sauté for 3 minutes with the bacon dripping until onions are translucent.
- Add rice, green bell peppers and mushrooms into the pan and keep stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Reduce to medium heat. Put cooked bacon and eggs back into the pan. Add oyster sauce and toss until even.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle a generous pinch of ground black pepper. Transfer to a serving plate or bowl and serve.