Can you pleeeeeease use your imagination and tell me what you think it’s going to taste like when you put fruit and spicy sauce together? Not that I haven’t done it before, but I just couldn’t wrap my head around when I noticed the new Chobani flavors at the yogurt section in a local grocery store here in Austin.
We are talking about spicy yogurt, my friend!
Yea, you heard me right. I said SPICY YOGURT!
It sounds so bizarre, but the truth is, after trying both spicy flavors, that it’s freaking evolutionally amazing!
Maybe spiciness isn’t something you get excited about. But when the sweetness meets the hotness, it changes the game entirely! (It’s true with food too! :P) If you are curious, I’d highly recommend you grab one of the new Chobani Flip flavors and try it yourself. Here’s what to expect.
Expect what rich, creamy, smooth and fruitful yogurt tastes like. Great! So yummy… Just when you are about to get the second bite, boom! Here it comes. It kicks you in the aftertaste. I have no idea how this is possible with a yogurt. You can’t even see any spices or ingredients in it. But it’s just so good! It’s even better when you incorporate the spicy yogurt into your meals.
I tried to put the spicy yogurt in these Southwest Bacon Burgers and I am proud to report that I nailed it for the upcoming Memorial Day!
To assemble these burgers, you’ll need buns, beef patties, bacon, guacamole, lettuce, Monterey Jack cheese, and one package of Chobani Flip yogurt with Chipotle Pineapple flavor. I mixed a full tablespoon smoked paprika into the yogurt to make a smoky, sweet and a little spicy sauce. Trust me – that’s the good stuff.
If you make these burgers for a crowd, cook the bacon in your oven instead. There’s not much babysitting involved and you can do it in just one batch. Here’s how to make perfect bacon in the oven.
Next, season both sides of the beef patties with salt and pepper and grill them over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes each side until beef is done.
Now, lightly toast your buns and start building the burgers! The guacamole goes on the top haIves of the buns and spread the yogurt mix on the bottom halves of the buns. Top buns with burgers, bacon, lettuce and cheese. You are done! Serve these babies right away and I guarantee that you are going to receive lots of thumb-ups!
Wish you a very happy Memorial Day!Print
Southwest Bacon Burgers with Guacamole
Amazing southwest-style bacon burgers with guacamole and a spicy yogurt sauce! Ready in 30 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Burgers
- Cuisine: American
- 8 slices bacon, halved
- 1 package Chobani Flip Chipotle Pineapple yogurt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 4 ground beef patties
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (can use more)
- 4 curly lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange bacon on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. (You may also cook the bacon on the stove until crispy.)
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt and paprika. Set aside.
- If you’d like to make your own guacamole, now is the time. Simply mash up 3 avocados with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a generous squeeze of lime or lemon juice, all to your taste. Add 1/4 cup finely diced onion. Optionally, you can add cilantro or tomatoes.
- When the bacon is done, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. In the meantime, season beef patties with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and grill the patties for 5-6 minutes on each side. (You can put the patties on a preheated grill directly.)
- Slightly toast the buns.
- To assemble, spread the guacamole on the top halves of the buns and spread the yogurt mixture on the bottom halves of the buns.
- Top the bottom buns with patties, cheese, lettuce, bacon and then cover with the top buns. Serve!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 579
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 1266mg
- Fat: 35.8g
- Saturated Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 16.3g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 47.6g
- Cholesterol: 131mg