Happy Holidays!!! Sunday is not usually the day for new recipe release on Gourmet Persuasian. But today is a special Sunday as it’s the weekend right before Christmas. Therefore, I have decided to present a killer main dish recipe to you as a special arrangement on the site for the holiday.
You might have noticed that I have been kind of obsessed with crock pot goodies recently. Here’s why –
- Cooking preparation is minimum to none.
- All of sudden, your cooking skills get improved significantly because you are able to handle a whole animal without a blink.
- Hands off cooking is awesome! Cook when you are asleep or at work.
- You realize that you are hanging out with your family and friends in the living room without worrying about the most important dish for dinner.
- The result? Absolutely fantastic!
Aren’t these reasons good enough for falling love with slow cooking? I say it’s so damn stress-freely good, especially during holidays!
So for this holiday, I would love you to be able to spend more time with your family and still bring a ridiculously amazing main dish on the table. No matter what, it’s always good to have options and here’s a great one.
Set a beef roast in your crock pot and allow it to dedicatedly absorb all the flavors from the finest combined seasonings and herbs through out 9 hours of slow cooking with only 5-minute preparation time. Oh my!
If you like veggies to pair with your meat like I always do, spend an additional 5 minutes to do the chopping and you are all set.
It’s fork tender.
It tastes meaty and full of flavor at the same time.
It’s to die for.
As I would like to call it – KILLER!
For leftovers, dump some cooked noodles in it and here you have a hearty beef noodle soup.
That’s it for today and 2013! I am going to take a short break from the site for the holiday. THANK YOU for your all time support!
I wish you a great holiday and a prosperous new year of 2014 ahead! Will talk to you soon in January 2014 with more recipes and goodies! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Cheers ~Print
Killer Crock Pot Beef Roast
- Category: Main Course
- 1 (1.2 oz) brown gravy mix, dry
- 1 (1 oz) ranch dressing, dry
- 1 (1.3 oz) dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 3 lbs beef roast, any kind
- 12 crimini mushrooms
- 1 white zucchini, cubed
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots or mini carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- In a medium bowl, mix gravy mix, ranch dressing, Italian salad dressing, and pepper together.
- Cut beef into a few big chunks and coat with the seasoning mixture. (One whole big chuck of beef works just fine if it fits in your crock pot.)
- Place half of the prepared veggies at the bottom of your crock pot. Lay beef on top of the veggies. Next, sprinkle the rest of the mixture over the beef.
- Add the other half of the veggies around or on top of the beef.
- Pour water over the ingredients and throw bay leaf in the pot.
- Cook on low for 9 hours.
This recipe brings a good amount of can’t-stop-drinking soup. If you would like to reduce the liquid, simply add 1/2 cup water instead of 1 cup before cooking. However, it might increase the saltiness.
- Serving Size: 6-8
Keywords: crock pot beef roast