Cheesy Mushroom Bites
Did you know that one cup of Crimini mushrooms provides a good, very good, or excellent source of 18 different vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant phytonutrients??? I didn’t know that until I did an extensive research on Crimini mushrooms.
I mean, I know mushrooms are very healthy but I didn’t know that they have so many great benefits.
Well, since I have had a mushroom chowder recipe with white button mushrooms and now I am sharing the Crimini mushroom bites recipe on this fairly new food blog, plus, I am thinking about another dish with a different type of mushroom, I thought it wouldn’t hurt to learn a little bit science behind one of my favorite foods.
Look yummy and cute, don’t they? Don’t just look at them. Grab one and put it into your mouth. With the first bite, the savory, juicy mushroom flavor will start flowing in your mouth. The second bite brings the taste of creamy flavored ground beef with garlic and herb fragrance. Starting from the third bite, all the cheesy, juicy, creamy little parts take action all together and make a smooth chewing experience with a head-nodding satisfaction of taste! That’s the Cheesy Mushroom Bites that I am talking about. Make your own and enjoy! 🙂
Cheesy Mushroom Bites
- Yield: 15 Crimini Mushrooms 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- 15 medium size brown crimini mushrooms
- Fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 3 oz lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons spread cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Sea salt, ground black pepper, shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Small basil leaves (optional)
- Clean mushrooms and dry them with paper towel.
- Remove stems by using a scissor or simply hold the stem and twist clockwise. Some stems will come off easily in this way.
- Use a basting brush to gently brush some lime juice on the mushroom caps.
- Warm up olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add ground beef into the pan and continue stirring until almost done. The color of the ground beef changes at this point.
- Add cream cheese and oregano. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper on the ground beef. (I put a little more than ¼ teaspoon of sea salt and about the same amount of ground black pepper in. Feel free to adjust the amount according to your personal taste.) Stir everything together for a minute.
- Turn off your heat and preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Put the mushrooms (caps down) on a nonstick baking tray or place a layer of Aluminum foil wrap on the baking tray to make it easy to clean.
- Use a small spoon to stuff the mushrooms with the flavored ground beef.
- Cover the stuffed mushrooms with shredded Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place the baking tray with the prepared mushrooms into your preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- After done, garnish them with small basil leaves if you like.:) Serve warm.
If you find larger sized brown Crimini mushrooms, I say go for it – make 9 of them. Enjoy your bites! 🙂
Keywords: mushroom bites
Love these little caps – thanks for the recipe 🙂
Glad to see you stopping by again, Maria~ I adore these little caps by their look but more by their taste.
By the way, I enjoy reading your unconventional travel blog. It’s so different and extraordinarily unique! Love your writing! 🙂