Whether you have meat eaters or vegetarians in your house, they’ll be pleased with these highly customizable breakfast tacos which can be put together in just 15 minutes. It’s a great way to use up some leftover meat and turn it into a nutritious breakfast with high protein to start off your day. Enjoy!
Highly customizable breakfast tacos that’s ready in 15 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 tacos 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Gluten Free, Vegetarian Friendly
- Cuisine: Mexican American
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 3 cups hash browns
- 3 cups refried beans or meat of your choice (crumbled breakfast sausage, crumbled bacon, chorizo sausage or leftover meat)
- 6 6-inch flour / corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mild cheddar, pepper jack or Monterrey jack, or a cheese blend)
- Salsa of your choice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Scramble eggs and set aside.
- If using refried beans, warm it up on the stove or microwave.
- If using sausage, cook and crumble sausage over media-high heat. Once the sausage is almost done, add potato to cook together.
- Set out bowls containing the eggs, beans or meat, cheese, salsa and cilantro.
- Each person builds their own taco by placing the fillings of their choice in the center of the tortilla, and topping it with cheese, salsa and a little cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Food.com